Old Alton Bridge Marker

Old Alton Bridge

The Old Alton Bridge is located in the City of Copper Canyon at the junction of Pilot Knoll Trail and Elm Fork Trial and is part of the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers park system. The parking lot is just south of Teasley Lane on Old Alton Road.

Old Alton Bridge
Old Alton Bridge Marker

Old Alton Brdge was built in 1884 by King Iron Manufacturing Company of Cleveland, Ohio and was in use until 2001. The Bridge was placed on the National Register in 1988.

The bridge has gone by other names over the years.  The haunting and lore of ghosts  associated with Goatman’s Bridge, as Old Alton Bridge is still known, adds a sense of drama and mystery to the bridge.  Additional information can be found at a variety of Web Sites including: “The Trails of Denton County” and Bridgehunter.com

2 thoughts on “Old Alton Bridge”

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: